11.25.2007

That Time of the Year

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We did at the Turner house. We decided to keep it just us this year - our first time ever in six years of marriage! Zac and I slaved all day over the hot stove only to discover that it only took Anne and Andrew 15 minutes to eat all they wanted. I have to say it was so nice having Zac home the entire day. This was the first time in three years that we had him all to ourselves for the entire day. I couldn't have cooked all that food without his help in the kitchen.
Now Zac and I have a tradition, or maybe I should call it a deal. He knows I love Christmas music. He found this out the first year we were married when I started to listen to it way back in September - thus a deal was struck. I promised not to start listening to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving and then I could listen to as much as I want, whenever I want. (I did start a bit sooner this year...Josh Groban finally came out with a Christmas CD and I couldn't wait. Each year I try to add to my collection. This year so far I have the new Josh Groban "Noel" and Sarah McLachlan's "Wintersong" and I have on my list to buy Michael Buble's "Let is Snow".
So the day after Thanksgiving I filled our CD player with Christmas music and we started on our second after Thanksgiving tradition. The setting up of the Christmas Tree. This I love...the music, the cinnamon apple candles burning, the lights twinkling. Next to Christmas day this is my favorite.


5 comments:

Kim said...

You tree looks so cute...I need a new one this year, we have had the same one for 12 years....can't decide to keep the fake or get a real. It looks like so much fun though. I want to decorate. Thanks for getting me in the mood! P.S. How is the Wintersong CD? That is on my list too....Josh Groban...got it!

Anjuli Fry said...

You inspired me..I got all my christmas music out and I am putting on my ipod so we can listen to it upstairs on my speakers and not off the computer. No we don't have a CD player that works anymore. I also bought the Josh Gorban CD sense you suggested it and love it. We are having friends over to make gingerbread for FHE will post pictures. Love you!

Mollie said...

I agree! One of the best weekends of the year! I love your "Hokey Pokey" sign behind the tree, lol, that is awesome! I will try to email you a pic of my star. After we got home I found it on Amazon for $2...what a steal! (I only paid $8, so I'm not too chapped.) I just googled "tree toppers" and clicked on the link to Amazon. Good luck!

jenn said...

I love your tree! You inspired me too! I pulled out all my christmas music and christmas candle scents, and I'm loving how my house smells like candy canes now!

BBB said...

So fun! I'm super anxious this year to get to my Christmas decorating but Dan and I are moving to the house in the middle of December, so I don't want to take the time to decorate one place, just to move to the other!! Kind of frustrating!

A couple of my favorite Christmas CD's are NOW That's What I Call Christmas Volume 1 and I really like Martina McBride's CD. I can't wait to get Josh Groban's. I think I'll go buy it after work! :)
Love You!