7.31.2009

swim lessons

This is what we have been doing all summer long. I feel like Dori from "Finding Nemo" "...just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming..." Every day for four weeks the kids have had swim lessons. Mostly they have loved it but we haven't had the best swim weather here in Pittsburgh, not that I am complaining because we have also loved the rain and the cooler weather that comes with it but it is hard jumping into a pool when the rain is coming down hard. Yesterday we finally had some sun during swimming so I thought I would snap a few pictures of how well the kids are doing.

Anne is such a good swimmer. She swims the entire length of the Olympic sized pool without stopping. She says she "LOVES" doing laps. I did a few laps the other day and thought my lungs would explode. She told me I just needed to practice...thanks for the advice Anne. Anne also wants to do swim team all year round but I don't know if we are ready for that kind of commitment.

Andrew is a fearless swimmer too. The only problem he has had is that the rain has kept the pool at a depth level which makes the water come above his nose so he has to stay close to the edge. The rain has also kept the water in the pool at a cooler temperature...not something Andrew likes being a child from Hawaii. But when he is in the water he is FEARLESS!


3 comments:

Jess said...

I don't know how the heck you can get both of your kids smiling so good for the camera at the same time! you are AWESOME! I am so glad that they are loving the swim lessons!

Harmony said...

Great pictures Joy! About the year-round swim team thing--I've been told that the younger they start, the better they'll be if they are interested in competing in high school, etc. One of mine is a good swimmer too, but so far hasn't been interested in that kind of commitment either. :-)

Scott & Marcie said...

Looks like lots of "swimming" fun! Can't wait to see you all!