7.21.2010

Andrew's cowboy party

Andrew's cowboy birthday party was a huge success. Being that this was his first ever friend party I went all out. He had been very firm on the cowboy idea. I think this was just so he had a good excuse to wear his cowboy hat. Although it poured rain all day which put an end to all our out door games we had a ton of fun inside.

First all the kids decorated their very own paper bag vest. I know very fancy.

They all tried to hit the pinata. We didn't have a blindfold so they all closed their eyes tight. I was surprised how honest all the kids were.

Next their was a visit from the infamous El Guapo. He tried to steal all the presents so the kids were made sheriffs so they could fight el Guapo in a shootout. Anjuli made the el Guapo poster for me. Didn't she do an awesome job. Zac and I had way too much fun burning the corners.

Andrew blew out his candles.

He ate and enjoyed his cupcake.

Then a boy from church came and did balloon animals for all the kids. He was amazingly good and so patient with the kids and he is only twelve! We were lucky he could make it to the party.

I think by this point Andrew was on a serious chocolate kick. Here he is with his octopus balloon. He has been wanting one forever and was so excited to finally have Christian make him one.

8 comments:

Scott & Marcie said...

WOW! Andrew!! What a fun party! Joy, you are so creative. He should remember this one for a long time. Wish we could have been a fly on the wall to watch all the fun. Happy Birthday Andrew!!

Scott & Marcie said...

That is a seriously amazing octopus. How do people come up with stuff like that. So much fun!!

shellydinger said...

I love the El Guapo idea! What a great husband you have.

Lynette said...

Wow Joy. You are awesome. That is the best looking party I have seen in a long time. I love your pics below too. :) It looks like you guys are having a great time there.

Sara said...

Way cool idea for a party!!! You are so creative! I just laughed when I saw Zac all dressed up...so funny!

Mary said...

That El Guapo looks pretty fierce, but I recognize something about him . . .

What a fun party! Happy Birthday Andrew!

Lisa said...

Sierra loved this. Sad and pouty will looking at it but loved it. Tell the boy happy birthday.

The Nielsen Family said...

Wow joy, Looks like the party was a total hit! Way cute!!