1.13.2011

Mary Poppins

Anne and I have been looking forward to seeing Mary Poppins for quite a while now so by the time the actual performance came around we were so thrilled to be going. We went with my good friend Jess, her son Chase and another friend Emily who lives down the block. We were able to get there pretty early and Anne was sad that the doors to the theatre were not yet open. Instead we explored the lobby and took a few pictures. The show was fantastic and the music and dancing were so fun. I may even go as far as to say I enjoyed it almost as much as the movie if not more...although I did miss Julie Andrew's touch. Our favorite part was then end when Mary Poppins literally flew over the audience. It was so cool!

I love being able to take Anne out just her and I. We had asked Andrew if he wanted to attend and he said, "No way!" He prefers watching Star Wars at home with his dad.


4 comments:

Lisa said...

So jealous. So jealous. Oh, how I would have loved to be there with Sierra and Jess and you. Sigh. Another life.

Scott & Marcie said...

Cool theater! So glad you take advantage of those special occasions in your area! Looks like lots of fun!! The stage plays are different than the films, but just as great.

Megan and Jeremy said...

Fun memories for you and Anne! Can't wait till I can do the same with my girl :)

Nick said...

Too bad it wasn't the Sound of Music. Zac would have insisted on going. He might have even worn his old lederhosen...