3.22.2011

Phipps Conservatory


Last Saturday we took advantage of a great deal we got with Groupon and went to the Phipps Conservatory. It was a bit cooler out but when we walked in the weather was perfect. I wish we would have come here when it was freezing outside. I loved seeing all the beautiful orchids and I loved the fruit house. The lemons were in blume and the smell was devine. The kids loved running around finding all the plants on a BINGO game they provided for the kids. Jackson just loved running and running. I only wish we would have discovered this Pittsburgh gem a bit sooner...


We had these Banyon trees in Hawaii. Only in Hawaii they were so big that the kids would be able to run through the trunk and play hide and seek. This one was in the tiny tree room...




The kids even got to pot their own plant to bring home.



This was by far Jackson's favorite place. He ran back and forth over this bridge.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

see thats why I want to live in a big city. So we can go to places like that. thats looks so fun. Spokane is too small we don't have things like that. we don't even have a zoo!

Scott & Marcie said...

What GORGEOUS flowers!! And beautiful kids too. Looks like a fun day.

Sara said...

Oh how wonderful...I love orchids and well, all flowers for that matter. Loved being able to finally catch up on your blog.

shellydinger said...

We discovered phipps the last year we were there and I remember being so sad that I hadn't thought to go years earlier. Fantastic pictures!