10.16.2006

Rumble and Tumbles...

We had an unusual Sunday here in Hawaii. My bed literally shook me awake about 7am this morning. At first I though Zac was shaking the bed to wake me up. I quickly remembered he was at work. Then I realized that the voice on my radio/alarm was shaking. We were having an earthquake. I jumped out of bed and ran to the kids room. They both were laying on the bed with big eyes. Anne looked at me and said, "Mom my bed is rumbling and tumbling!"

We are all ok. The power was out all day...it only turned on about an hour ago. We spent the day trying in vain to keep cool. At one point though I did discover that if I lay upside down on my recliner in my room I caught quit a good breeze from the window behind it...you laugh now but it was really hot and humid. Some good friends invited us over to play games in the candle light while our kids ran around trying to catch the light their flashlights made on the walls. I will always remember this day as the day my bed rumbled and tumbled.

3 comments:

jen bryner said...

that's a very descriptive story, thank you for filling in the details! i guess i didn't think you would have felt the earthquake where you are, that's a big distance. was everything at the hospital ok? i am so feeling you on the humidity thing...it rained and rained all night last night and the power went out at 3 in the morning and with no AC in texas...with RAIN...oh momma, it was so hot and humid! i layed as close to the window as i could just to get the breeze. don't kids have the best way of putting things??? again, glad you're safe! love ya! ;)

Anjuli Fry said...

We are glad that you are safe!! Harmony asked how you were doing on myfamily.com I let her know what I knew but I am sure they would love to hear from you.

Elizabeth C said...

Wow! Earthquakes can be really scarey! There was a little one back in 1999 in OLY and I was sleeping when it started and woke up, thinking I was still in dream-land because the room was shaking! Craziness!!