5.29.2008

my last post from Hawaii...


As I sit here on the floor, yes the floor, (the packers have packed up my desk) and write my last post while here in Hawaii I am thinking of all the wonderful things we have enjoyed here. Just to list a few...
*Of course we love the beaches - can't get enough of them - we hate that school has gotten in the way of us going all the time like we used to.
* The sun - I love the feeling of the warm sun on my face
* Shorts all year around
* Flip-flops all year around - I am going to have to get used to socks again
* Plumeria trees - they smell so yummy
* Our nightly walks - we have been able to go for walks even in the winter
* My lemon tree - would you belive that just a few weeks ago about 40 lemons started growing?! Of course I will never get to enjoy them...so sad.
* The many people who have visited us...of course we know you really just wanted to see Hawaii!
Well there are just a few. I will miss posting sunny pictures here on our blog but we are so looking forward to some snowy pictures come winter. Well better go...the movers are here and are ready to take the computer. Who knows when I will post next - they are saying it will take 55 days for our household goods to arrive in Pittsburgh...so until then, ALOHA!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had that wonderful experience. It ws wonderful visiting you while we were there. Have a great move and enjoy PA!

Mary said...

Oh it's making me sad reading this blog. Always fun to head to a new adventure, but sad to leave a place that has so many happy memories. Can't wait to hear about your adventures in Pittsburgh!

Mollie said...

Oh, so sad! I can no longer live vicariously through you! I have loved all your sunny pics on my rainy Wa days! Hope all goes well with the move, being closer to family will be an all new heaven for the kiddos! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the move! How exciting!! Can't wait to hear how you like the change of scenery!

maren out my laundry said...

wow i can't believe you guys are leaving! Hope you made it safe and all your stuff, that is a long time!!! keep us posted on the new place in pittsburg

Daniel B. said...

SO, because we didn't visit you in Hawaii, does that mean:

a. We didn't want you to think we were just coming to see Hawaii?

b. We didn't really want to see Hawaii?

c. We're poor college students?

d. We like the cold, wet, and rain?

We can't wait to visit you in Pittsburgh, however. Road trip, baby! (well, as soon as prices go down, and I get a real job...and yeah. Then.)

Angela said...

It was so awesome seeing you the other day!! Here's hoping that Pittsburgh brings you many happy times too!! :) I will miss your pictures of Hawaii but hopefully we will get to see you in person more often, since plane tickets are cheaper.

Cori said...

I look forward to your updates form Pittsburgh! Good luck with the move.

Angela said...

JOY~ I just wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday!! Love ya tons!